Monday, June 6, 2011

Tomorrow!

My internship at Wellshire starts tomorrow! I am so excited.

But I would be lying if I said that I'm not nervous. There is a big unknown, wonderful and daunting, looking me in the face tonight. I am not sure what kind of work is awaiting me at Wellshire, or if I will be ready for all of the opportunities I will be given. But, I can't wait to start knowing and loving the people of the church and to experience first-hand the work I have learned so much about.

A few days ago, in my devotion book, I read this prayer which has been directing my thinking this week:

Sending God, how can I possibly represent you to the world? Let me start right here, on my knees, seeking the power that comes from on high. May your spirit move me toward the world you love. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment